Monday, November 29, 2010

Longest Post

So much has happened in the past week, I'm sure this will be the longest post of the year. We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. It was so nice to have Dave home from work for 4 days!

Before we left for Hickory, Savannah, Lincoln's neighbor friend, helped bake some cookies. My tub of 100 cookie cutters doesn't have any Thanksgiving or Fall related cookie cutters, so we used cars, trucks, bunnies, hearts, etc but we decorated them with autumn sprinkles. I know what you are thinking, I tried with Halloween cookies, and it didn't work out so well. I thought if Lincoln saw Savannah concentrating on decorating instead of eating, he might do the same. And he did, pretty much.




Lincoln's cookies, mostly cars, trucks, fire engines, and dogs...





Savannah's cookies, mostly hearts, butterflies, and bunnies...



We invited the "K" family up to turkey dinner in Hickory. They are a fun family of 3, who go to church with us and are living far away from their home in Utah. Tyler is in his first semester of the MBA program. Mason is just a couple months younger than Lincoln, and is so easy. Sometimes I forget he is around, because he is so quiet and easy to entertain. Here he is showing off the turkey hat my Aunt Monica sent to Lincoln. The turkey hat was amazingly, a big hit.

Lincoln in the turkey hat... I know my mom's hands look scary, and they aren't clenching Lincoln, she was just steadying him as he was spinning around in circles.



Even Big Bunny got a turn with the turkey hat.



We had 3 different turkeys for dinner, a brinned baked, a plain baked, and a Cajun butter injected fried one. Is it hard to guess which one was the most delicious? The fried won hands down...too bad mom forgot to put it away in the fridge that night. We woke up to a nasty turkey smell on Black Friday.

I just left myself a great intro into my next paragraph. My fabulous husband and wonderful dad went out at 3:30 am on Black Friday to score my Christmas present. I DID NOT ask them to, just so you don't think I'm an awful, spoiled wife. Dave volunteered and Dad is always up for an adventure with his favorite SIL. They went to Target for this...




It is a Dyson DC17, and I am loving it! I have wanted a Dyson for 5 years, ever since my MIL bought one and cleaned Shinsel Manor, if you ever saw Shinsel Manor, you know why I fell in love. Some women would think that it is awful to receive a vacuum for a Christmas present, but it doesn't feel like work when I vacuum with my Dyson, and I really like functional gifts.

I do love Christmas time, especially now when everything is so new and fun for Lincoln. We picked out and decorated our Christmas tree tonight. There is nothing better than the smell that a Christmas tree puts out! I'm thrilled that we were able to have a real one this year. Lincoln kept saying, "Hooray, hooray" as Dave put the tree inside and secured it in the stand. He has had fun with all the ornaments, and I know that I will be picking them up off the floor everyday. I only got one picture, because the camera batteries died, so I'll have to take more later.


After church, we took some quick pictures for the Christmas card. This isn't the picture we are going to use, but I still like it.


Dang, I have some cute boys!

3 comments:

  1. Uh, you're loving it? As in you're already using it? Cheater! You put that away until Christmas.

    Nice work Dave and Dad!

    You are a good looking family, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost threw up with jealously about the vacuum... Andy claims hes never heard that before but i've wanted one for like 3 years!... and yes bc of mama shinsel too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was equally thrilled when we got our "never loses suction" vacuum. We got the Shark because the Dyson wasn't in the budget and the reviews say it works just as well, it's just a little smaller so I understand your excitement!

    I also need to say that Lincoln is looking so grown up I can hardly believe it! Glad you guys had such a fun Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete