Monday, November 8, 2010

Kid Co-op

3 other mommies and I have started a kid co-op. We take turns watching all 4 kids one morning a week for 3 hours. I was worried how Lincoln would do, because he still doesn't stay the entire time at the church nursery by himself, which is 2 hours long. Imagine my surprise when I didn't get a phone call to pick him up that first week! He did so well: he didn't even cry. I was happy to get my entire house cleaned, workout and take a shower without any interuptions.

Last week, it was my turn to have the kiddos over. It was much easier than I thought it would be. The kids pretty much entertain themselves. Even though they don't really interact (except to steal a toy), the play well just because there are other kids around. They are about the same age, except for Sean, who will be 18 months soon (he is so dang cute!).



Here are some of the activites we did:

Drew Masterpieces....thank you crayola for Color Wonder products!!



Played Piano



Got creative with the trains on the DJ table



Watched Blues Clues, except Eli had to make a quick business call on the Elmo phone



It is amazing to see such personality differences in kids the same age. Eli is just a chill dude, who bobs his head to any music that is on. He doesn't get upset when other kids take toys away from him. Lincoln had a hard time sharing his toys in the beggining, but warmed up when we started jumping on the LoveSac(a huge beanbag chair). Sean is into everything and loves to climb/throw stuff. He didn't like it when I even looked like I was going to leave the room. Shay is just a doll, and she has a Gucci bag to store her diapers and snacks. She does really well sharing, probably because she has 3 other sisters to share with.

I'm excited that this is going well. I think it has even helped with nursery. Lincoln wanted to go in this week, and I was able to be out of the room for an entire hour. The only reason they had to get me was for a diaper change. After he had seen me, it was over, but I am hopeful it will only get better.

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet you'll soon find you can accomplish an amazing amount in those 3 sweet hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay.....I'm glad Linc is liking it and you are able to finally have some "me time". Also super exciting.... you might finally be out of nursery for good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I find myself feeling sad that we don't live closer so the kids can play... let skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it with our boys and nursery?! I'm fairly certain that Will only stays the whole time (just recently) because Grandma is his Nursery leader. Thank goodness for that.

    The co-op sounds great. Maybe I'll join the one in our ward. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. im sooo excited for the day that we live somewhere that has kids Bug's age - they're all a year older or too young. we seemed to hit the "off year" in our ward and so she has no friends her age to play with. im hoping we'll have better luck in our next ward because i would LOVE to do a co-op like you're doing. it's so smart!

    ReplyDelete