Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happiness

I have been overwhelmed by the phone calls, thoughts and prayers from family and friends. I really, really, have appreciated them and have felt them work. I decided to see my old doctor who delivered Lincoln, because I just didn't want a stranger to have to tell me bad news. I was absolutely shocked/happy when Dr. L pulled up a picture of a baby on the ultrasound screen. Yep, sorry to scare everyone and make them worry, but I am still having a baby!!! Dr. L said it could have been a miscarried twin, a broken blood vessel in my cervix (which bleeds like a head wound, and sorry yes I did type the word cervix), or it could have due to my blood type (I'm A negative). I'm not supposed to worry about what it was, just that I still have a baby. My due date is 6/23/2011.

This pregnancy was so different that it was with Lincoln, I was convinced I was having a girl. Now, I don't feel pregnant at all, just like before, so I'm guessing it's another boy. Whatever it is, I'm keeping it!

I'm not sad I published my eariler post: I really did need the support of friends and that prayer network. Thank you, thank you for thinking about us, and please keep praying!!

Lots of love,

Julie

6 comments:

  1. I keep rereading the post even though I've talked to you. It just makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was in Ohio and so out of the loop when all of this was happening! I am soooo happy to have heard the good news though. And for what it's worth, I still think it's a girl (and you can be sure to tell Dave I said so)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I saw you updated your status on FB in my newsfeed, but it still won't let me see your profile. SO weird!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JULIE! I am so happy for you :) Seriously, I have been thinking about you ever since deanne's wedding, wondering if you were pregnant or not. I'm so sorry about the scare you had, it must have been so emotional (I can't even imagine), but I'm SOOO GLAD that everything is good now! You are one amazing mommy.....the newest addition to the shinsel crew is one lucky kid :) love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I was out of the loop too...just found out. Glad to hear that all is well. Happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While in Spain I missed this completely! CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming addition! So happy to hear everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete