Thursday, October 28, 2010

The sky turned black

I grew up in NC, so I remember practicing for tornado warnings. We had to go in the cafeteria, crouch down and put our arms over our heads. I also remember hurricane hugo ripping through and taking down tons of trees in our area. Those are the reasons I was freaking out a couple nights ago when I could feel the thunder through the walls, I could see the lightning getting closer and the rain coming down in sheets. Sure enough we had a tornado warning, so Dave went into action mode. He found the flashlights, moved furniture around and spread blankets on the ground. I brought Lincoln downstairs with us, and we had a little slumber party until the warning was over.

The next day, Lincoln was taking a nap, when the sky turned black. The thunder started up again, so I checked the weather. Dang if I didn't have to wake Lincoln up again and take him downstairs because of another tornado warning. This time the tornado was only 9 miles away. Poor Dave was watching the sky from the 4th floor of his glass office building! I was just glad last night, we were tornado warning free and didn't have to wake up Lincoln.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like all the more reason to move to denver. :D

    ReplyDelete