Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Fun

Sometimes I feel bad that Dave is working and Lincoln and I are out playing during the day. We have been enjoying this Fall weather and have taken advantage of lots of activities that go on during this time of year. I really do love Fall: I would love it even more if I knew Winter wasn't about to come!

Last week, the 2 of us joined some other ladies from church for a mountain adventure. First we stopped to get apples at Levering Orchards. The people were so friendly: they told us what certain apples were good for and let us sample what ever kind we wanted. I wish I had Barry's (my BIL) photography skills and his camera, because there were some great photo opps. I promise, I didn't dress him in overalls on purpose, but I'm glad he had them on!



Next, we went drove up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mabry Mill. I would have been happy just to drive on the parkway, because it was GORGEOUS this time of year! The trees are at their peak Fall colors right now. This mill is so picturesque. I felt like I transported into a different time period. Lincoln liked looking at the ducks and climbing in the wagon with his buddy Denzil.




One night we went to "Dark in the Park." A large band played at Bethabara park, while kids ran around in their Halloween costumes. They also had hayrides for the kids and ice cream; however, Lincoln enjoyed playing on the train tracks. He kept saying, "Train coming." Lincoln broke in his skeleton costume, so it's all ready for the big night.



Dave has still been working hard on his woodworking project, so Lincoln and I visited mom and dad. We took the little guy to Tweetsie Railroad, for the third time this year. This time was great, because we were some of the first people in the park. It was a little chilly, so I guess most people were sleeping in. Because Lincoln was the only one on some of the rides, I could tell the workers to stop the ride if he got upset. So this time, Lincoln tried out 3 new rides! He rode 2 different airplane rides and a boat ride all by himself. After he got off, he was beaming with pride. What a big boy!


5 comments:

  1. Barry's skills? I think you've got your own! I love that first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are fantastic. Looks incredibly beautiful there. I think I may need to visit sometime, maybe in the fall....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you have your own skills and your camera is working just fine. The pictures are wonderful. Linc is getting so grown up. He looks like he is having the time of his life. It is neat how you take him to new places and let him experience different things. Your a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. Especially the one with the apples! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others, your camera skills are superb! My faves are the apple picture and the one of Lincoln's back by the fence, they are all great though! How fun for Lincoln, he's a lucky boy to have such a great Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete