Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baking with a 2 year old

I should have known, really I should have learned my lesson last week. I thought it would be so fun for our family night to take Lincoln to a pumpkin patch. I had these images in my head that he would run through the field, giggling and excited to pick his own pumpkin. Dang if there wasn't a playground in the parking lot, so Lincoln was not interested at all. I thought he would enjoy scooping out the pumpkin to carve it, but again, he wasn't interested.

One week later, I think, "Oh, it will be so fun to make and decorate Halloween cookies with Lincoln." I have lots of cookie cutters and even bought food coloring for the project. Lincoln didn't care about anything but eating the cookie dough. Seriously, he probably ate a pound of it yesterday. I only used cookie cutters for a dozen cookies, then gave up and dropped the rest of the dough on the cookie sheet. I was still determined and had Lincoln help frost them later. After every cookie we frosted, he swirled his tongue across the beautiful cookie. Needless to say, only half of the cookies got frosted. I even gave up taking pictures of the whole process. We are going to wait another year to do some of the holiday stuff I thought he was ready for!




Starting off ok, even though he did have to taste the flour when I first spread it out.



Now the eating begins and doesn't stop until I put the camera down.

Anxiously awaiting to eat more...the gross streaky stuff on the door is stuck in the glass, and I can't clean it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure this was super frustrating, but I just kept smiling as I was reading because this is basically how I feel about my life...full of plans and good intentions that just never come to fruition! You are SUCH a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't be mad though because he's SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.....this post makes me laugh so hard!....but it's only because we have totally been there!

    Just keep trying, one day he will suprise you and actually CARE about all the fun plans you work so hard on for him.

    It was soooo good to see you the other day! FYI: you look pretty much amazing by the way :) OH yes, and keep me posted on the "news" as you find out!

    ReplyDelete