Saturday, October 9, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Mom has been craving the beach for the past year, so she treated Lincoln and me to a few days at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. Dad couldn't go because this is a really busy time at work, and Dave needed to stay at home and work on a woodworking project he has to get done in a couple weeks. We missed the guys, but we still had fun without them!






The weather was perfect...not too hot but still warm enough to sit out in your bathing suit and go swimming in the ocean. The resort we stayed at had lots of activities to do, even an indoor waterpark. I'm impressed with how well Lincoln did just playing in the sand. We spent most of our time down at the beach. Of course, all the snacks and juiceboxes helped.




While we were at the beach, Lincoln called me Julie twice. Because I didn't pay attention to him, he stopped calling me Julie, but now he calls me mom instead of momma. He has been randomly yelling MOM lately. I don't know, he's a weird dude. He behaved very well when we went out to eat; it may have been the Wonderpets I played for him on the dvd player. Please don't judge me, I just wanted to eat my seafood in peace, because I rarely get to enjoy seafood (Dave hates it!). Plus, we were outside, where it didn't bother anyone else. I'm still thinking about the delicious shecrab soup I had.




When we got back home, we went to the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston. It was actually a really big fair, with lots to see. Lincoln really liked seeing a pig race (They raced around a track for an oreo.), and he LOVED all the tractors. Dave ate a huge gyro and is still talking about how good it was. I'm glad he was able to take a break and join us at the fair.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun! Glad you got to eat your seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, honey, I will not be judging. I remember ordering a juicy prime rib at the Outback Steakhouse one time on vacation while being pregnant and having an 18 month old who did not do so well. We had to leave with steak packed up in Styrofoam boxes :-) Kudo's to you for thinking of something!! Looks like a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm incredibly jealous that you are wearing a swimsuit in October... I pulled out all the coats, sweaters and hats last week!... and I do dvd's even in an inside restaurant!

    ReplyDelete