Monday, September 27, 2010

Birthday Boy



Even though I asked him really nicely not to, he still did it...he turned 2. At least we had fun celebrating though! Mom and Dad came down for a day out with Thomas the train at the Spencer Transportation museum. There were lots of Thomas activities for the kids to do besides riding the train. I'm pretty sure riding on Thomas was Lincoln's least favorite part. He really liked looking at the model trains and the old airplanes, trains, and cars. I will def have to take him back to the museum sometime!




Our good friends Rachel and Dave came down for a good ole' steak and potato dinner. Dave tried out cooking the steaks on his smoker, and they turned out so yummy. Rachel brought down Elmo cupcakes for Lincoln and a Peanut Butter/Chocolate cake for Mom's birthday, which was just a couple days before Lincoln. At first Lincoln was shy about Elmo, but after he took a bite, he was hooked. His tongue was bright red from the Elmo candies.



Even though this child does not need presents, Dave and I bought him 1. It is a soft remote control car that is meant for 2 year olds. To say the least, he loves it! As he was playing with it on Saturday, he kept saying, "I love you car." and then he would give it a big smooch. The love hasn't faded, he is actually playing with it right now. He got some cards from family members, and his favorite was the monster truck one from my Uncle Barry.




My little cutie is 2, and I couldn't love him more! I'm very grateful to Dave that I can stay at home with him and see him grow up (if he has to).

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was all a big success!

    I'm glad you guys had a great day. Hopefully there weren't too many mommy tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so grown up in these pictures. Looks like fun was had by all :-) If you find out how to slow down the growing up process let me know....

    ReplyDelete