Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Purple Power

I am by no means a photographer or an expert in plants. One thing I know is that there is a power with purple plants. They make me so cheerful! I have planted some purple plants at our new place and some others too.


The grounds are beautifully kept at BYU, and I'll always remember the pansies that were usually planted during winter semester. They have that purple power, because they make me smile when I drive home. These are right outside my front door.





Mums are such a Fall flower. They remind me of Halloween and the crisp Fall air. They also have that purple power.



Oh wait, more pansies...




I was lucky to have a friend dig up lots of plants and bulbs from her garden. These are day lily bulbs, which will be beautiful and purple this Spring.



These fun prickly grasses were almost dead when I planted them, and I was excited to see some life. They aren't purple, but I guess I'll keep them.



The family that moved left a very old lawnmower in the garage. I tried to start it, there was gas and oil, but it wouldn't turn over. From my Ace hardware days, I remembered spark plugs need to be changed frequently. So, I bought a new spark plug, put it in, and it worked! I was so excited to fix the lawnmower for $2.19, rather than to buy a new one. I really like to mow the grass, it is therapeutic for me (I know, weird). I think it is that you can see the results of your work immediately.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Julie! I bet Dave was impressed! I have always loved mowing the grass and shoveling the sidewalk when it snows. It is sooo rewarding.
    Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers. Look at you go! I'm totally impressed with the lawn mower thing. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are settling in and loving the new place! I too am very impressed you were able to fix the lawn mower, nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instant, cheap, gratification! Your flowers are very cheery! We are starting to see lots of gray skies and very cool mornings.

    ReplyDelete