Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ouch

These pictures will make you cringe...


My nephew Kyle started playing football this year. He has had to drop out...





He was wisked away to surgery shortly after this picture was taken. My other nephew Jaden knocked heads with another football player and got a nasty concussion. This is exactly why Lincoln will be enrolled in baseball or ballet, just not football.

My niece Penny had some eye surgery done to correct her nystagmus, a condition that is associated with albinism.



What a trooper. Those red eyes make me hurt, but she still has a smile on her face. We will know in 6 months how much the surgery has helped, but mom said Penny held her gaze for a while, which is more than she has ever done! I'm pretty sure my mom's heart melted instantly.

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are rough. The first one looks like a photo shop feature, wavy arm.

    I really want Will to play football but the more I find out about concussions and such I'm thinking maybe something else. :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good...I can use the picture of your nephews arm to show Caleb why I don't let him play football!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I will have to show Nojah some photo's and assure him that he should be happy he played soccer again this year considering all of his cousins are broken. Your little niece is precious. I hope surgery helps her, those eyes look like they hurt :0)

    ReplyDelete