Friday, September 17, 2010

Back to Lincoln

What kind of mother am I, that I wrote 2 blog postings without mentioning my son?? Lincoln has been so chatty lately, and he has finally started to sing. I always sing to him, so I'm thrilled he started to pick up on it. I caught him the other morning singing the Apples and Bananas song. Now his favorites are the clean up song and the mickey mouse clubhouse theme song. I love his high pitched notes. I just hope that he gets more singing talent than I have.

He has been making lots of new friends. Yesterday, Shay from nursery, came over while her mom went to the dentist. Lincoln kept repeating "Shay Shay" before she came. They played really well together. While he was running, Lincoln wanted Shay to say, "Ready, Set Go" instead of me. This morning Dave and I woke up to Lincoln saying, "Airplanes, Helicopters (totally normal), Shay (that's when we started laughing." Today his buddies Sean and Mason are coming over to play.

People have always told me girls are such drama queens, but I'm not so sure Lincoln is any different. Maybe it's just a 2 year old thing...For example: We were at the park after it had rained, and I was wiping off a puddle at the bottom of the slide. I guess Lincoln noticed me do this, because he went to the top of the slide where there were only 2 drops of water. He started yelling, "OH NO, ALL WET." I had to brush it off before he went down. It is hard not to laugh during his temper tantrums; how he just throws himself on the floor.

I will be a better mom next post and might even include some pictures of the little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment