Saturday, September 11, 2010

I will never forget...




Today is the 9th anniversary of the terrific attacks that occurred in our country on September 11th. I still tear up every anniversary. I would never have guessed something so horrible could happen in the US, but it did. This day makes me so thankful for all those who serve in the military and local departments to keep us safe. This day makes me mourn for all those who lost family members. This day makes me so grateful to live in a country that came together so strongly. This day makes me realize how lucky I am to have my family and to live in the best country in the entire world.







Lincoln and I went to an airshow today, while Dave was at work. They did a great tribute to 9/11: there were several firetrucks/police cars doing formations while the national anthem was sung. All of the sudden during the song, 2 F-16 jets roared through the sky. It was so powerful, it gave me goosebumps! The airshow was huge; there were tons of helicopters, planes, and jets, but also there were race cars, buses, and trucks. Lincoln was in heaven!!



To make it even better, a man walking in gave me a free ticket. I wasn't planning on spending any money, because the ticket was a little expensive, but with the money I saved, I bought Lincoln a toy helicopter and hot dog. I wish I would have recorded his happy dance when we walked through the gates and saw all the planes. He kept repeating,"PLANES, HELICOPTERS." I love it how everything from childhood is exciting again with little ones!

2 comments:

  1. He's looking so grown up and it makes me sad. It would be so nice if we could live closer. I'm glad you guys had a great time.

    May we forever remember September 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures. It is always sobering on the anniversary of the attack on America.
    Truly, we must never forget!

    I bet Link was in heaven with all the things to see.

    ReplyDelete