Monday, July 5, 2010

Stories from the Crib

Last week, I put Lincoln to bed in his pack-in-play at Grandma's house. Usually Link does really well falling asleep on his own. It is rare for him to cry. I was surprised when I heard him screaming on the monitor a couple minutes after I put him down. This cry wasn't a "I'm sad that I have to go to sleep cry." It was a scared/hurt cry. I walked down the stairs, and I will never forget this image...the door to Lincoln's bedroom opened slowly and out walks the little guy so upset. I should have known he would climb out one day: I started climbing out of my crib at this age and it is only fair that he do the same. I think he got so dang scared from the fall, because he hasn't done it since that night!


The weather has been warmer lately, so I put Link down for a nap in just his tee-shirt. When he woke up, I walked into his very dark room. I couldn't see much yet, but Lincoln was holding out something for me. He said, "This??" in a question form, and I was handed his diaper. It could have been much worse, he hadn't used the bathroom in his crib yet and it wasn't a number 2.

Non-related crib news, Dave is in Charlotte for a job interview with Bank of America. It is weird that we have flip-flopped hometowns for the week. Keep fingers and toes crossed for us!

4 comments:

  1. I'm terrified of the moment Will starts climbing out of the crib. Good luck with the interview! Although I wish it were in Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Poo....that is hilarious! I love that he handed you his diaper, HAHA. Man, you definately lucked out, it could have been WAY WORSE :)

    I am super excited for Dave's job interview. Let us know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! When I heard he had an interview, I was curious where and that was why we called the other night. Hope all goes well, keep us posted. I know you wouldn't be too heartbroken to make a move back to the Charlotte area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use to have to duck tape Alexyss's diapers on or she inevitably would create a disaster every time :-) Gotta love kids.

    Fingers are crossed for Dave's job interview! Let us know!

    ReplyDelete