Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A lot of "Firsts"

Lincoln turned 21 months the past week, and he has experienced a lot of "firsts."

*He went to his first play. Four of my nephews were in "Princess and the Pea," and they put on a great performance. Lincoln actually enjoyed it: we only missed 5 minutes because Link just had to climb the stairs at the theater.

*Lincoln has enjoyed ice-cream before, but last week he got his own ice-cream cone. Why are little kids so cute when they have food all over their face? It never looks good on me! He felt like such a big boy holding his own cone. He did so well the first time, that he got another one the next night!



*The best "first" was going to the beach for the Shinsel family reunion. I was worried about how Link was going to like the beach, because Dave and I both LOVE it. My worries disappeared when we walked down to the ocean for the first time. Link seriously spazzed out! He thought it was the coolest thing to be in a huge sandbox with waves.

We had a great vacation. Lincoln had a blast flying kites, playing with cousins, running from the waves, playing pool, and eating lots of junk food. It was great to see family members we haven't seen for a while.


* I also had a first. I tried real, fresh crab meat. It was super tasty, and I even got to re-taste it as I got food poisoning that night. I don't want to blame the crab, because it was so yummy. I'm just thankful my stomach waited until we were done driving home from the coast.

A really crazy first is that my sweet niece Penny, who was born in March, is the first person in our family (that we know of) to have albinism. She was just diagnosed at her 3 month check-up, because she can't focus her eyes: they are always shifting. The good news is that there are surgeons who can operate as early as 6 months, and the exercises that her mom is doing with her are helping her. She was able to reach out and grab her brother's finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment