Monday, March 1, 2010

Dave is so rad...

I really don't know how I ended up with such a rad husband. He was gone for a while last week, and he has warned me that I won't get to see much of him this month, so I have been thinking about just how fabulous he is. One thing I love about Dave, is that he has TONS of hobbies. I'm not sure what else there is for him to try.

This is where Dave started to become the Ninja he is today. Seriously, how cute is he??






Then he got older and earned his black belt. This is why Lincoln can kick and say, "Waaachaa."

He played just about every sport (except hockey, he's envious of Corey's skills).

His favorite was football. I never got to see him play in HS, but I loved to cheer him on during his intramural days at BYU.


Dave is an Eagle Scout, and he earned his Order of the Arrow. I don't know a lot about scouts, but I guess that's a big deal. Are you jealous of me yet??

He did some welding in his teens...completely normal




How could I get this far without mentioning scuba? He and two of this brothers were scuba instructors at BYU. Now, all three of their wives are scuba certified, they just really like to scuba dive!


My favorite Dave Hobby has to be cooking. I don't really like it, but he does and he's good at it! The first summer we were married, he and a friend cooked in 3 BBQ competitions. Even though it was their first time, they won some prize money and a trophy.




Although he hasn't done a race in a while, he competed in triathlons and an adventure race. This isn't one of his favorite things to do, but I had to include it for one reason only...calf muscles. Yep, go ahead, check them out. He claims they came from walking 2 years on a mission in Brazil (oh yeah, he speaks Portuguese.).




All that's left to write is snowboarding, screen-printing, straight-razor collecting, woodworking, and he has just started blacksmithing. So, here's to you, rad husband. I can't wait to spend more time with you after you graduate!

3 comments:

  1. IMPRESSIVE! I am proud to have such a "RAD" cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Definitely a man of many hobbies, I never even knew! Here's to graduation and school being DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so rad, I haven't met a kid that doesn't like him. I'm guessing his favorite hobby, and probably the one he's best at, is playing with Link.

    (Will hasn't stopped asking for Dave since he left.)

    ReplyDelete