Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty news

I'm so excited! Lincoln told me "Poop" this morning, and sure enough he had a poopy diaper. I know this might not be so exciting to some, but this made my day! Lincoln can say a bunch of words, but he isn't that good at communicating them before today. Plus, this is a good step towards potty training.

I met some mommies in Hickory at the library who are so inviting and fun to be around. They have kids the same age as Lincoln and some of them are using the potty already. So, I bought a Cars potty that sits over the toilet just to see what Lincoln would do. He was scared of it at first, but on Sunday he started playing with it. I asked him if he wanted to go pee pee and he seemed interested. I sat him on the potty and he smiled so big. All of the sudden Dave and I both heard a tinkling sound...music to parent's ears I tell you!! After his nap I asked if he wanted to go potty and he did it again. Woohoo. I'm trying not to get too excited. I know this is just something new and he will probably get sick of it soon, but I will enjoy knowing there are a few diapers I DON'T have to change.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Julie.....that is SO EXCITING! He's not even close to two yet right?

    Well, way to go Linc! Maybe he'll be fully potty trained before Noah...haha! Nah, Noah is doing well all the time....it's just #2.....I can't get him to stay on the potty long enough to do it! Frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I thought Will would be an early potty trainer since he can get his diapers and pants off, and he tells me when he's pooped too. I wanted to get a potty seat for him to get used to being around and Jeff thought it was too early. It very well may be too early for us still. However, I think I'm going to start trying to train him this summer. This has sure given me some encouragement though. Go Link!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! What a big boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! Babies don't come potty trained??? Well, this is certainly upsetting news! :) And a big WOO HOO for Lincoln (and you)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i told daiv "poop" once but he didn't seem all that impressed.

    ReplyDelete