Monday, March 8, 2010

Goodbye Winter...hopefully

These past couple days have been gorgeous in North Carolina. It has been such a nasty winter, so Lincoln and I have practically lived outside to soak up all the sunshine! I did yard work during Lincoln's nap time today, and I don't even like yard work. The sunshine has brought lots of runners outside, and it makes me want to come out of my running retirement (I haven't had a regular running routine since I ran a marathon in November 2007.). Another reason for my return to running is the book "Born to Run," which talks about how the human body is built to run. The author had lots of research on barefoot running (it's better than the most cushioned shoes) and bios on some ultra-marathoners. So lately I have been wanting to be real crazy and train for a 150 mile race without tennis shoes. I just have to imagine how nasty my feet would be, and then I get over my craziness.

Lincoln also loves to be outside and brings me his shoes when he gets the urge to be out. He is so dang cute, but he has needed more discipline lately. I wanted to cry a couple days ago when he hit me for the first time. I just couldn't get his milk fast enough for him in the morning, what an awful mother I am! I think the combination of Dave not really being around and getting 3 teeth has contributed to his crankiness. All is good when he gets a bath though (see below). He loves his duck towel and can make some great duck noises.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the duck towel. We're going to need one of those for sure! I want you to know when I go places like Target or church and take a look around I think, "What have we gotten ourselves into?! What were we thinking?!" And then I see your blog posts with cute little Link and think, "Duck towel, yep, we're gonna need one of those. We can totally do this!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it used to make me so sad when I would make one of the boys mad and they would say, "I don't like you anymore." You just have to remember that they are just trying out their wings and don't really mean it. We still love them. You are a good mom. Little kids can be monsters sometimes, but they're so cute when their being monsters too.

    ReplyDelete