Sunday, July 5, 2015

Summer Fun

I have been loving the summer! Our days have been flying by. Here's what we have been up to:

I knew I would constantly be asked when screen time was, so I made this chart for the boys. The pictures help Drake, since he can't read yet.

We have had friends over to play on our big water slide.


After nap time, we go to the pool in the afternoon.
Drake had swim lessons earlier this year, but he still has to wear his floaties.


Lincoln is getting more brave in the water, and even learned to dive off the diving board.


Snack time happens during the life guard breaks.



One of the bucket list items was having a "kids cook" night. Lincoln and Drake worked hard on making chicken pillows and brownies. They were so sweet to thank me for allowing them to do it and gave kisses for teaching them what to do. 


They have also been enjoying playing with play-doh during their free time.


Mom and I went away for a few days, to attend the wedding of one of my childhood friends. Michelle and I were in kindergarten together, lived in the same neighborhood, and were in Brownie Girl Scouts. Her mom, Luna, and my mom are also dear friends. 


Mom and I had a great time celebrating with Michelle and her fun family! I wasn't nervous about leaving the kids with Dave;  I was just nervous how Dorothy would do. I came home to happy kids and a clean house. Lincoln told me they had a "lazy day," where they got to have lots of screen time. That was fine with me, because I felt so energized and recharged from being "off" a few days.

Just a few days later, mom babysat the kids so Dave and I could go to a concert. Cleve was supposed to go to Dave, since it was a bunch of old school rock bands (Tessla, Styx, and Def Leppard), but he was still in California. I was up for a date with Dave, even though that's not really my type of music.

I'm looking forward to more summer adventures and checking more things off the bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment