Thursday, July 16, 2015

July 4th

I love everything about this holiday; however, I do feel like an old curmudgeon when people set off fireworks multiple days before and after the 4th. Also, after 10pm is terrible when you have young kids! 

Dorothy wasn't feeling well, so I took the boys downtown for their annual celebration. We got to meet up with our old friend Tristan! I know it's dark, but the boys enjoyed the fireworks and playing on the train.



The next day, Dorothy's fever was still high, so I took her to urgent care. I felt a little strange about doing it, because she didn't have any other symptoms. She just wasn't herself! It turns out my little girl had double ear infections. She was pretty out of it the rest of the day, being doped up on Tylenol and her antibiotics.

In the afternoon, we went to a friend's house for a cookout. Alyssa is a friend from MOPS, so there were other MOPS friends there and lots of kids to play with. 

That evening, we set off some of our kid friendly fireworks. The boys said they liked that better than the big fireworks! It makes me want to buy double next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment