Monday, April 5, 2010

Where did he get this from....

I am really procrastinating blogging about our Savannah trip and Easter. Both events were wonderful, but they require pictures and videos to be downloaded first.

So, recently I have been surprised by some of the things Lincoln has been doing. I just don't know where he gets some of this from...

1. Lincoln loves to play in my brother's van that is sitting in the driveway, waiting for him to come home from his mission this summer. Anyway, he likes to turn the wheel, honk the horn, and run around in the back. My mom and I were outside watching him, when my mom got a frantic look on her face. Lincoln had a screwdriver in each hand (he found them in the back of the van) and was making gun noises, "shoo, shoo." Neither of us taught him about guns or gun noises, so his little boy instincts are kicking in.

2. I have been using my serious mommy voice lately, because it seems right at 18 months, Lincoln decided not to listen. One day he had been told not to throw a ball at my parent's fireplace multiple times. When he did it again, I started to use my serious mommy tone, but Lincoln pretended to sleep even using some snoring noises to try to convince me he wasn't listening. To me, this incidence totally screams Dave. Doesn't it just sound like something Mama Shinsel went through too?

3. We were walking back to our hotel in Savannah with Lincoln in his stroller. There was a large group of middle schoolers walking in front of us, and they weren't going that fast. They stopped right in front of us and didn't move for maybe 30 seconds. Before I had time to say, "Excuse me," Lincoln used his bossy voice, pumped his fist and said, "Go, go, go." The kids turned around and looked down at him smiled and giggled a little, but Lincoln still wasn't having it. He totally ignored them, which he is also very good at doing while watching tv.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the second one. And yes, it has to come from Dave...I can see him saying "I'm asleep" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well, I have always thought Link to be a chip off the block. I'm just saying! Love the block and the chip and Julie for loving them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny! Barry has also pulled the fake snore, sleeping card when being asked to do something - it's scary how much alike they all are! By the way, there's a good chance his "road" rage came from Barry, I've never met a more impatient driver in my life! For someone as laid back as he is, I am amazed at the anger as soon as we're not moving fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha "road rage", Amy that's funny! Julie, what a little crack up. Good luck with the serious mommy voice, it's so hard at that age. My kids have seen my burst out in laughter during some of those inappropriate moments, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete