Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My 2 Bros


I am a lucky girl because I have 2 fantastic brothers; one older and one younger. Cleve, my older brother just called up with news that he and his family will be stationed in Japan for 3 years. I am so excited for them: what an adventure! It will be amazing to go visit them sometime.
I'm writing this because I'm feeling a little disappointed. My family hasn't been all together since I was married in 2006. My younger brother, Reed, has been on a mission for 2 years out in Utah, and he is coming home this June. This was the year we were finally going to have Christmas together! Oh well, maybe we can convince the 'rents to have Christmas in Japan.

So, here's to my brothers, who always keep things entertaining....



Cleve is 3 years older than me. He wasn't happy when I was born, but we became good friends as the years went by. I would/still do believe anything he says. Cleve loves to make people laugh, and he is not easily embarrased. When he was working as a waiter at Outback, he was always the one to sing the Happy Birthday song the loudest, in opera style. I wish every girl could have an older brother, because they are really special. I know that's a lame way to say it, but I can't think of any better words. Cleve is the father of 2 adorable kids, Carson and Penny. Carson is 3 years older than Penny, and he has a great teacher of how to be a good big brother.



Reed, who is 5 years younger, marches to the beat of his own drum, which I LOVE! It used to drive me crazy that he was different, but as I got older and over my stuck-upness (I just made that up) I came to find out Reed is the coolest boy. He has no coordination for sports. When he was younger, he would be drawing "piggies" in the tee-ball field instead of playing. What he lacks in coordination, he makes up for in the arts. He is a great actor and singer! Everybody loves Reed: he is so polite and friendly to everyone he meets. I havn't seen this kid for so long, and I'm ready for him to get home.

Love ya both!

3 comments:

  1. Christmas in Japan sounds like a blast! However, in the event it doesn't work out, I know where there will be a new baby staying in Oregon that would love to see you guys over the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction! They sound like cool brothers to have :-) Ohh, a trip to Japan could be fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...you do have great brothers!! What a great post for them!!

    ReplyDelete