Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm never cutting it...



It took Lincoln a long time to get some hair, and now that it is here, I'm never going to cut it! I love how it is so wispy and soft. Other than the hair, there's not a whole lot of baby left, so I'm going to keep what I have.


(That's Mr. Noodle in the background)
Lincoln finds new ways to crack us up! Dave the Ninja demonstrated how to kick and say, "Waa-chaaa." He prefers to lift up his knee and say, "chaaaa." Today, he unexpectedly gave Dave a kiss, then he just kept kissing him. Dave turned to give him his cheek, but Lincoln turned his head so that he could give his daddy real kisses. Lincoln loves talking on the phone, especially with his Grandma and Papa in Oregon. He will run away with the phone up to his ear, so that we can't take it away from him.

I'm so excited about my first clogging performance tomorrow. There is a fundraiser for the school, and all the classes get to show off a little of what they have learned so far. Rachel and I are the only adults that aren't scared or embarrassed to get in front of people. We gladly volunteered to be in the front row: I guess I just don't have any shame, now that I am closer to 30 than I am to 20 (yikes!).

Dave is still part of the family, even though we don't see him a ton. He has had a lot come up with school, but should be searching for jobs pretty soon. He finally got to use his Christmas present, a wood lathe. He made a shaving brush in about 5 minutes, where it used to take a day to do it by hand. I'm looking forward to learning how to use it too. I have lots of "girly" things in mind I can make (bowls, bracelets, napkin holders, etc...). If you have any ideas or requests, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you.....DONT CUT IT! ( As you already know, I'm a sucker for long hair).

    I am so excited about your clogging performance too! (I'm so sad I won't be able to see it, but don't worry....I'll be front row for your next one :))

    I know Dave's working hard, it's probably tough on both of you, but hang in there and tell him we say HI and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete