Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day

On Monday, Memorial Day, Lincoln said,"I love Memorial Day, it makes me happy." I feel very blessed this can be a happy/ thankful holiday; I know for many it is painful. I'm thankful for the men and women who have died for my freedoms.

The Friday before Memorial Day, dad and I surprised the kids with a trip to Tweetsie. I got the kids in the car like we were going to school, and then passed the school. Lincoln said," mom, I need to go to school, Piedmont community charter." I told him I was tricking him and we were going to Tweetsie instead. Drake immediately was excited. Lincoln looked so worried. He told me he wanted to go to school first. I let him know I had already emailed his teacher, so she knew he wasn't going to be there. After I told him that, he got excited.




The weather was perfect, the crowds were perfect, so we ended up staying at there for over 6 hours! Dorothy really enjoyed her first trip. Lincoln thought it was pretty cool to ride all of the rides and even ride some by himself.



The pool opened up this weekend, but it was so cold in the morning, when we had time to go. The boys were shivering, but still wanted to stay in. Dorothy stayed home with Dave.


When it warmed up later in the afternoon, we set up our water slide. 




7 more days of school left!

No comments:

Post a Comment