Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I am so Spoiled

I felt like a queen on Sunday. The kids and Dave made Mother's Day fantastic! It started when I was getting ready for church: Dave asked me to come out for a second. When I opened the door, the boys jumped out from under the covers, yelling, "surprise, happy Mother's Day!" 



I had so many wonderful cards and cute gifts from them. I am posting them, so I have a digital form for the future.

Lincoln's card from church:


Drake's card from church:


Lincoln's book from school:







I've always wondered what I would look like as a blonde! He also made a sweet handprint tile at school.

My mom and dad came down, and Dave made a delicious brunch for after church. We feasted on eggs Benedict, grits casserole (dad made that), fruit salsa, and homemade beignets with a dark chocolate dipping sauce. 

I love this holiday to be able to praise the mothers in my life, but my heart goes out to the women whose mothers have past away too young, to the women struggling with infertility, and the children whose mothers are not the greatest. I found myself praying for all of the above, sending thankful praises for my mother and gratefulness for my precious gems.




No comments:

Post a Comment