Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekends

It seems like ever since school started weekends are packed with activities. This past Saturday, we only had to go to the soccer field for pictures. There weren't any birthday parties or church events, so the kids and I took off to Hickory. BB and Pawpaw were in rare form this weekend. The day started out with McDonalds. Of course the kids got happy meals; I think they have had more happy meals than I have had in my entire life. The lady who would never buy them for me, now freely purchases them for my children!!



The Science Center was our next stop. Drake and I tested out the Hurricane Wind machine. It goes up to 80 miles an hour! My hair was whipping around so hard, it stung my eyes.


Dorothy was happy with the toys at the Science Center.


I took off to meet a couple friends, and the boys went with my parents to see a movie. Well, they did have some time to kill before the movie started, so of course they went into a toy store and bought a toy rocket. I had such a lovely time visiting with some old friends! The boys had a lovely time at the movies, except when Drake ate a wild berry and mom had to call poison control and when Lincoln got scared when one of the characters in the movie got hurt (he is so sweet; he was still concerned about the character long after the movie.).

Mom and I were just about to make some PB sandwiches for the boys, when Dad comes walking in with pizza for dinner. It's no wonder all they have been talking about is when we can go back to Hickory!

Earlier in the week, our preschool music class started. Jack and Drake had a blast playing red rover, red rover, throwing snowballs, dancing in the dark with flashlights, and learning new songs. When Jack came over a few days later, he asked if we could go to music class again.


We also made edible play dough with peanut butter, honey and powdered sugar. The boys decorated it with chocolate chips, raisins and nuts. They made all kinds of shapes and then had a delicious snack when they were done playing.


My sweet neighbor watched Drake, so Dorothy and I could go have lunch with Lincoln at school. I told Lincoln that I would be coming and he asked if Dorothy could come too, because he wanted to show his teacher his baby sister. Then he asked, "Was that sweet?" I told him it was very sweet, but it would be ok, if I just came. Nope, he was insistent that Dorothy came too. We had a really nice time with him, and oh my goodness, all those kids are adorable!! The kids were all eyes on little Dorothy, and before I left Lincoln raised his hand to ask if I could come back tomorrow. Mrs. S told me how great Lincoln was doing that day, so I was surprised when I picked him up at school that he was on red. When I spoke to Lincoln about it in the car I told him, Mrs. S wouldn't want me to come have lunch with him any more since he changed so much after I came. I didn't realize how much that would affect him, but he LOST it. He was sobbing that he wanted me to come back, so I had to retract my words to calm him down. He is such a good boy, he just gets riled up around lots of kids. I guess he was laughing because some boy was being silly. It really had me thinking about homeschooling again. These adult decisions you have to make when you grow up are the pits!

No comments:

Post a Comment