Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just Another Week in Paradise

have been meaning to take the boys to Lego club at the library ever since school started. We finally made it this week. The leader told the group that this week's challenge was to build a statue or monument. There was a ton of Lego spread on the floor, and everyone started building. I love how the kids would say, "I found a yellow arch, who needs it?" They all worked together, and their creations are on display at the front desk until the next club. Lincoln was asking when we could come back, even before we left.


This week we discovered a new park near Lincoln's school. There was tons of equipment and things to climb on, but the favorite item was the spinner. Dorothy even got a turn (a very slooooow turn).



Dorothy is still sleeping in her rock and play. This has been the best investment for our sleep! We joke that Dave will have to build her a new one when she outgrows it. We can just picture her taking this rocking bed off to college one day!


She is getting lots of delicious baby rolls! I love chubby babies, but my arms to get tired by the end of the day. She finally got 1 tooth and I can tell she is working on some more. Dorothy's personality is starting to really shine! She plays a game with me where she comes in for a kiss, and then jerks her head away. Comes in for another kiss and jerks her head away and repeat. She and Dave play "cat fight" where they slap each other's hands over and over.

Lincoln is still doing a great job at school, but we are struggling with something at home. He is so creative and his imagination is amazing. It has started to affect his habits at home. He doesn't want to wear certain colors it eat certain things, because he thinks pictures will see him and think he is something else. This had been so frustrating and has Dave and me confused at how to handle it. Putting all that aside, he is the sweetest boy. He chooses a prizes from the school treasure chest to give to me. How I love those cheesy toys he gives me!

Drake and I enjoy our one on one time together. It has been amazing to see how much he has learned in the past few weeks. He usually falls asleep in the car pool lane. This picture makes me laugh; my tough dude without a shirt clutching his bear bear.


This weekend was busy as we had a soccer game, 2 birthday parties, a luncheon that I had to bake 5 batches of bread bowls, and a talk in church. This coming week will also be busy with a certain buddy turning 6 years old!!


No comments:

Post a Comment