Sunday, September 28, 2014

6 Years Old


I know I say this every year, but how in the world is it time for another birthday for my oldest?  Time just keeps speeding up.

The birthday boy wanted me to have lunch at school with him, so of course I did. I brought him chicken nuggets, as requested, and homemade Oreos with birthday cake frosting inside to share with his classmates. Link was wearing a birthday crown, and the class sang to him before we are the treats.


After school, I took all the kids, including Jack to concord mills mall. We had never been to the Lego store and heard it was a fun place. It was cool, even for me! There were so many displays up, plus there were building stations. We left with 3 Lego mini figures that each boy built.

On our way home, we picked up some happy meals for dinner. Yep, link had chicken nuggets for lunch and dinner! Makes me kinda want to throw up, but it made his day.

BB came over that night. He opened some presents and said, "I wish dad was here." Dave was traveling, so we saved his big present for the next day.

I told him first thing in the morning, he could come to our bedroom and open his big present. 

He took the blanket off the air hockey table and said, "Oh my! It's a 1,2,3,4 player hockey game." 


The hockey game was fun to have at his party. Out neighbors let us borrow their bounce house and we also had magnetic darts. We let the kids play with all that, before our super hero activities started.




The 12 superheroes decorated foam cuffs,


Shot silly string at villans,


 


Destroyed bombs (black balloons),


And ate Captain America pizza.


Lincoln designed the cake he wanted Dave to make. It was Radanko (Lincoln's imaginary villan) vs. Lincoln Punch. Dave also made some other cupcakes with more well-known characters.



 

I loved that Lincoln was so appreciative of his gifts. He went to find his friends before he opened the present and then thanked them right away.


Dave and I are still recovering from the preparations, as we only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before. Although we are tired, We are so thankful for our sweet, healthy, smart, imaginative little guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment