Sunday, May 15, 2011

Evicted





I saw this on a friend's facebook status and thought it was pretty cute. Baby, you are getting your official eviction notice today. 30 more days and you need to get out!


Seeing this post made me think of the time I came home to an eviction notice. Let me give you the background:


The 3 Shinsel boys all used to live in Shinsel Manor in Provo. It was the best place! It was close to the football stadium, had tons of space, and someone was always there to hang out with. Dave moved out when we got married (obviously) and then a few months later Andy moved out because he got married too. We decided we didn't want to lose Shinsel Manor, so Dave and I moved in, and Barry stayed (he had his own room and bathroom in the basement). You might think this is strange, but I loved living there! The place was big enough for all 3 of us, and Barry was great to live with.


(The 3 Shinsel boys plus Lincoln. I had a better picture of them at Shinsel Manor, but I don't know where it is)


The owner unexpectedly stopped by one day to look around, and she was appalled that we painted over her nasty wallpaper from the 60's. We asked the management company if it would be ok before we did it, and they told us yes. She claimed all her accessories went with that wallpaper. Gross! I can't imagine what the accessories looked like or how much dust they had on them.

A couple weeks later we drove back from Andy and Amy's wedding reception in Oregon to find an eviction notice on the door. Their year lease had ended and we were just paying month to month, so we had 30 days to leave. It was a very sad night at Shinsel Manor! What is not sad, is that this baby will be here in a month, and I can't wait to tell everyone, "It's a Girl or It's a Boy!"

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! So many memories! Look at all of the guys now, and you, that little person needs to be evicted, we have all waited almost long enough. Life as you know it will never be the same - Just better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously.....cutest pregnant lady ever! I can't wait to find out what you're having :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I had to delete my comment and make a new one because I spelled a word wrong and knew Barry and Dave (if he saw it) would never let me live it down! I can't wait for that little one to get here and hear girl or boy too! I also can't wait for Barry to see that you posted this picture. I love it! p.s. You look amazingly beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait! Time will fly by now! All Wrights are anxious to hear the news. (Especially two teen girlies!) Thinking of you. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! Pregnancy looks too good on you Julie! Are you sure that you don't want to keep it for a few more months? Honestly, we are excited for you, and are glad that you are almost there!

    ReplyDelete