Monday, May 9, 2011

Bitter Sweet Moments

I have had some bitter-sweet moments over the last week. I much prefer sweeter milk chocolate, but bitter sweet can be ok sometimes, like in chocolate chip cookies.

Bitter:
Last Thursday Lincoln and I drove up to Hickory for a funeral. My dear high-school friend, Jessica, lost her Grandpa, the man who raised her. Paster Ballard was extremely dedicated to his church (he worked there for 32 years) and to his family (he almost made it to his 60th wedding anniversary). The service was very nice, and his church was packed with people.

Sweet:
Later on Thursday I drove back home to attend "Girl's Night." My Winston friends wanted a reason to get together, so we had a girl's night instead of a shower (I would have felt uncomfortable with people getting me presents.). LeAnne hosted the party at her lovely home and we had a fabulous time! The 10 of us ate delicious food and played a couple baby games. Even though they promised no presents, they ended up getting me some things to pamper myself (candle, foot soak, make-up, lotions, and a gift card). I am blessed to have some great friends!

Bitter:
Because I will be in the hospital for 2 nights, we wanted to have Lincoln feel comfortable spending the night away from Dave and me. I left him with my parents on Thursday, and didn't see him until Friday night. I was able to get some things done, I otherwise wouldn't have, but I missed my little guy. He makes my life so enjoyable! Later that night, mom texted me that he was fine and didn't even ask for me. Tears!

Sweet:
Lincoln did fabulous, and I was able to sell one of our cars on Friday. I even got more than I expected for it, which was very sweet. Dave and dad test drove a car on Saturday, and I think it's the one! We are getting it checked out at a larger dealership tomorrow, so we will know for sure soon.

Bitter:
Even though we just saw Dave's parents, it feels like a long time, because Lincoln asks for them all the time. It is always hard to be away from them, especially on holidays like Mother's Day!

Sweet:
We were able to spend Mother's Day with my family and the Edwards. Dave E made his famous chicken tinga (a recipe he learned on his mission) and dad made his fantastic chocolate cream pie. Lincoln made me a card and Dave bought me some lovely lilies. On top of that, it was a beautiful Spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment