Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hair Cut and The Death of a Christmas Tree

Dave and I decided a long time ago that we would wait until Lincoln was 3 to get his haircut. I didn't think that would be a problem, because it took him FOREVER to grow hair! For the past couple weeks, his hair had been out of control. He constantly brushed it out of his face, sometimes with 2 hands at the same time. That wasn't the breaking point for me...it was the snot. Lincoln got a runny nose, with all the hair brushing with his hands, snot always got smeared on his face and hair. He had hair stuck to the sides of his face with the gunk.


I warned Dave I was going to get it cut, and I really don't think he believed I would be strong enough to do it. He wasn't doing the snot cleaning though. So, after our Wal-Mart shopping (They do not have a Super Target in Winston!), we pushed our shopping cart over to Smart Cuts. "Quita," the hair stylist, was very nice and did a great job with Lincoln's hair. I'm so shocked he didn't cry or scream. I just gave him a lollipop, and he was ok with it, even though he did shrug his shoulders up and tried to grab the scissors a few times.




My family always celebrated St. Nickolas day on Dec. 6th with stockings. The cars in the picture were in Lincoln's stocking along with Wonderpets fruit snacks and a Santa Pez dispenser.



Do you notice how beautiful our Christmas tree is/was. I was so excited to have a real Christmas tree for the first time since Dave and I have been married. We were gone this weekend and came home to a bug infested living room. Gross!! The tree had hundreds of black, tick-looking (but not ticks) all over the trunk. They climbed on top of my piano, they crawled up the legs of our table, and even made it to the kitchen. I do have an artificial tree, but of course it is in my parent's garage. Lincoln loved our Christmas tree, and I didn't want him to go without one, so...





We decorated our Bamboo!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your Christmas tree! Lincoln hair still looks awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, Love the bamboo decorating! Black bugs, not so cool. Sorry about that. Also Love Lincolns hair, she did do a great job.

    ReplyDelete