Monday, December 20, 2010

Busy Times

It always seems like there is so much going on during the Christmas season. I love staying busy, so this has been such a fun week. I wish I had more pictures of our different adventures!

The week started off with the good news that Dave's older brother Brent and his wife, finally got to pick up their daughter in China. Kaylee Mai is almost 18 months old and is beautiful! We are so excited for the H family. They return to the States on Christmas Eve. What a wonderful Christmas present to bring back to their 4 boys. It has been great reading on their blog everyday about the places they are visiting and the food they are eating.

Lincoln enjoyed his playtime at Shay's house this week. She lives in a huge house with super fun toys. His favorite is the mini roller coaster in the basement. Shay's mom made a fantastic lunch for all the moms after the play date. It was wonderful to sit and chat with new friends. I feel blessed that I have met a great group of people in our new city. Lincoln left the play date with hugs all around to his buds.

We had a nasty ice storm that kept us inside all day Thursday. It is challenging to entertain a 2 year old in the house all day. We played some indoor soccer, and Dave had to wrestle Link to tire him out. I just love watching them play together! Dave taught Lincoln some new ninja moves. I forgot about them until one day when I was changing his diaper. I leaned forward to give my little guy some kisses. All of the sudden, I see a little smirk and he yells, "TRIANGLE!" The triangle move is when one person wraps his legs around the opponent's neck and lifts up the hips to make the squeeze tighter. I haven't laughed so hard in a while!

As usual, Lincoln helped me make cookies for a cookie exchange I had later this week. I made Maple Pecan cookies with a Maple glaze, and they were tasty. I also made homemade hot chocolate and apple cider for us to enjoy with all the cookies. We had a small group because of the icy weather, but we still had a great time just chatting and sugar binging.

Mom and I picked up Reed at the airport on Friday. We hit up Trader Joe's and by the time we were done, it was 9pm. I had not eaten dinner yet, so needless to say, I was starving. I have been trying to eat every 2 hours, and it had been 5 hours from my last meal. Reed and I spotted a Mexican restaurant in the same parking lot as T.J's so we started walking over. Mom couldn't believe that the first thing I said to the waiter was, "We are not here for the experience, we already know what we want to eat, and we are hungry." Just so they wouldn't spit in our food, I apologized and told the waiter I was pregnant. He was excited for me and showed me a 4D picture of his baby girl that will be arriving soon. Phew, I almost asked for food poisoning for the 3 of us!

Cleve and his family arrived and we have been playing hard ever since. Carson and Lincoln were instant friends: they are so cute playing together. We have lots of other plans to stay busy. I will be a good girl and take more pictures, or just have Cleve take them with his fancy camera.





4 comments:

  1. hehehehe. i'm still laughing about the ninja moves. i hope for you sake he was already diapered at that point.

    i get very angry when i can't eat too. i do/say things i probably shouldn't and occasionally i make sure to get food in me before i can even think about helping my little guy, it's kind of bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a busy girl! If it makes you and Jen feel any better I'm like that about food when I'm not pregnant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like party time has begun. So glad you get to have all your family together. We will miss you. This is going to be a very memorable Christmas for those of us here. We are all anxious to meet Kaylee Mei. Our prayers continue to be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, Love that Lincoln pulled the "triangle" move on you when you least expected it. Looks like things have been busy but good. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete