Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Fun

My whole family was together this past week. It was the first time we have been together since my wedding reception. This is a warning...if you are baby hungry, DON'T look at the pictures. My niece Penny is just too dang cute!

The 3 Shinsels flew in last Friday. Poor Dave barely made it: Dad took him to Urgent Care right when we got to Hickory and found out he had strep throat, a sinus and ear infection. So that is why Dave isn't in a lot of these pictures: he was in the sick room for the first half of the week.


It didn't take long for Lincoln and Carson to get along. They played so well together, even though there is a 2 year age gap. They had fun going on adventures outside of the house, but mostly there were content to play trains in the basement. Here they are watching Thomas on the tv (this was a rare quiet moment).






We took the kids to Hickory Dickory Dock, an arcade game place. Lincoln's favorite part is putting the tokens in the game and pushing start...he's done after that, so I had to take over driving for him. Cleve is beside me and I'm blocking Carson's head.



Mom and I also took Carson and Lincoln to Kool Park, a small water park. We had fun going down the long water slide. It was a great place for them, because there are so many shallow pools to play in.

Cleve was a groomsman for his good bud Travis. We have known Travis since we first moved to Hickory, and it was wonderful to see him so happy. He was beaming when his bride walked down the aisle. Mom was so sweet to let me go to the wedding as Dave was still sick, and she stayed at home with my crazy toddler.



Penny looked adorable in her flower dress at the wedding.



Reed's good friend Hawke came over a couple times, and we played board games. This was the first night Dave ventured outside the sick room.



Remember the tutu I made for Penny? She posed in it for me, and I'm pretty sure my heart melted.

We ended the week with a trip to Tweetsie Railroad up in the mountains. The boys loved the rides, especially the bumper cars and the train. Dave, and I took Lincoln on the Ferris wheel. Every time we went over the side, I could feel his muscles tense up. He did really like the ride and when I asked if he could do no hands, he slowly took both hands off the railing.

Mom bought the boys matching outfits. They got dirty even before we left for the park.



Carson is all geared up as a cowboy.



The boys checking out the scenery on the train.



I warned you...


We had a great time with the Nebraska Williams'! I don't know when we will get to see them again, so thank goodness for Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment