Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Good times for babies and mamas

I usually don't just give a time table of what we do during a day, but yesterday was a great day and I have to blog about it.

First, I acutally set my alarm clock and exercised before Lincoln woke up. This might seem insignificant, but I felt great all day yesterday. I wasn't stressing about how I needed to exercise at night, and I felt I had already accomplished something by the time Link woke up. It didn't even matter that it was only 6:30am when Stinky Link started talking!

Mid-morning, Link and I went to the library for storytime. It was a special day, because storytime was cancelled and they had Little Gym come for a demo. Lincoln had a blast on all of the Little Gym equipment: he loved the songs and games that we played with the other kids and parents. I felt like a proud mama, because all 3 instructors told me how wonderful he was doing. He was doing somersaults (with help), balancing on the beam, and climbing the foam blocks. I can't wait to take him to a free class at Little Gym soon. I'm sure I'll get suckered in to joining!

Mom treated us to Cafe Gouda, a very yummy restaurant, where I havn't been in forever. I was glad to get the calories, because I was about to do something fun for myself...

I went my first clogging class at Sims Country Cloggers, way out in the country. I started dancing when I was very young and stopped before High school, but my favorite classes were tap classes. Clogging is like tap, but the metal taps aren't screwed tight like tap shoes: they flap a little bit. I seriously loved every second of clogging. It was so fun to spend time with a friend, wear fancy red clogging shoes, and to dance again! I'm bummed there isn't class next week, but excited that we have a mini-recital in February for a fundraiser to benefit the dance school.

I will post pictures of me and my fancy red shoes as soon as I can learn to use them better!

4 comments:

  1. Marshall (our nephew) had his birthday party at a gymnastics room in the rec center. Will LOVED bouncing across the floor routine area. Meagan is the director of the gymnastics program where she works and she told me to take Will to a trial day. Maybe Will is going to like it as much as Link did...we'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh!! how fun. Sims... we haven't been there since a summer in college. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel better when I exercise in the morning too. It's amazing how much time you feel like you have when you get it out of the way EARLY. It also sounds like you have a very talented little gymnast on your hands. Oh and regarding clogging, you should hook up with aunt Bonnie and uncle Donald next time you're here. BIG cloggers. Spent a couple FHE attempting the sport :-)

    ReplyDelete