Monday, January 25, 2010

Changes

All of the sudden Link has been changing like crazy! He is definitely defining his personality and becoming a little boy. It makes me want to have another baby now. Dang that 9 month gestational period!


Anyway, Link has been a sassy molassey lately: he "shooshed" me and put his finger to his mouth at church yesterday after I told him to be quiet. He also is really good at telling me "no, no, no" and shaking his head. Occasionally, he will come up to Dave or me and make pig noises in our ear. I love it when he makes his airplane noises and moves his arms like they are the plane wings. If I want him to eat his veggies, I get the pickles out from the fridge. He LOVES pickles, and he gets a slice if he eats a couple bites of veggies. Just one more thing: he is getting good at using utensils. It is nice that I can enjoy my cereal at breakfast, while he eats his yogurt or cereal by himself.

( Clearly, he didn't use a fork to eat this pizza crust)

Dave is in full-on study mode, getting ready for a huge comprehensive test that he HAS to pass in March. If he doesn't pass, he doesn't get his degree. The people in his program have split up the suggested reading material and each has to make a study guide by Feb. 1st, so they can exchange study guides. I know I have said it before, but I will be so glad when Dave is done with school!

Because Dave has needed the time to study, I haven't been working much at all. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE not working (not like I have a bad job or that I even work a ton) and finding fun things to do with Lincoln. I'm grateful to Dave for all the hard work he has put in for our family, so I can stay home. I would hate missing out on all these Lincoln changes!

3 comments:

  1. They do change fast...even my little Micah...I can't get over the fact he is already 6 months (officially on Sat.)
    And...I have to tell you regarding my surprise...it took Mike 14 years to give me a good b'day surprise...so cut Dave a little slack ;)
    I can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture of Link. Jeff has it on his phone and we all look at it frequently. What is it about being 16 mos that makes them SO sassy? I'm really looking forward to getting our computer back so we can have the boys sass each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this picture! Oh my goodness, I could eat him up. Aren't having boys so FUN :) Soak up every minute with Lincoln....he will grow up SO FAST! I can't believe Sawyer is going to be 2 TOMORROW!! Craziness!

    ReplyDelete