Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Halloween Rewind

I am so behind in my blogs, and I thought I was going to be good at keeping up. I thought about using the excuse, well not much went on the past 2 weeks, but it was Halloween, so I can't use that one. Here's our Halloween Rewind:
Zandi, Elijah's mom, from playgroup hosted a Halloween playgroup at her house. She had it all decked out in decorations and the kid,s as always had fun playing with each other. Lincoln went as Lion, it was Carson's old costume, and Dave hated it. I don't have pictures, so I'll have to mooch off some of the other moms . I was taking video of the picture taking process, which is pretty entertaining!
The Dietz family hold a Fall Festival at their house/property every year. It is great because they have enough land to do hay rides, forest mazes, launch rubber chickens, etc. For the past 2 years, it has been moved to the church because of rain. I was excited for Lincoln to Trunk or Treat, but it didn't get to happen this year. The Fall Festival got moved to the church gym, so it was fun for eating lots of yummy food (there was a chili cook-off) and for seeing the kids in their costumes. Speaking of costumes, here is my cute monkey:


Dave went out on Halloween afternoon and found this monkey costume for $2 at Old Navy!


Look at those big dark eyes!

Later that night, Mom and I took the monkey trick-or-treating to some close neighbors. I binged on candy that night, because I started a "diet" the day after. It's not really a diet, just eating healthier and keeping track of portions and food groups. Dave is on a strict diet set up by the P90X plan. Even though I don't approve of the diet, he is doing really well: he even ate fish!


It is amazing how much toddlers learn. (I know there wasn't much of a transition there, but I couldn't think of anything.) Every day Link is doing something new. Some new words are egg, toot toot (he even moves his arm up and down when he says it), and more. He is really interested in the stacking rings and the shape blocks you push through the lid. The little boy is coming out in him, because he makes vroom noises as he rolls his cars and trains across the floor.


He still loves the tv, and Dad introduced him to Thomas the Tank Engine. The faces on those trains freak me out, but Link loves it. I was lucky to have a sister-in-law and aunt give me lots of clothes and shoes from their boys (thanks Kim and Cheryl), which I keep in Lincoln's closet. One day we were playing hide-and-seek and Link ran into the closet. He came out a minute later holding a tennis shoe with Thomas on the side. I don't think I have ever seen his eyes so big before. To say he was floored was an understatement! Luckily, they even fit him (size 6).

No comments:

Post a Comment