Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Glorious Sleep

Lincoln has been sleeping through the night for about a month. It took 12 months, but it is better than what I put my mother through (15 months). At Lincoln's year check-up, Dr. Starks suggested I tried feeding him water instead of milk when he woke up. For two nights, he was so ticked at me, but it worked. He stopped waking up, because the water wasn't worth it. I forgot what a good 8 hours of sleep felt like, and it is glorious! Now I don't have to take naps during the day.

Besides sleeping through the night, Lincoln has been doing lots of new things. His vocabulary is increasing. He often doesn't say the word all the time, but repeats it after I say it. He says dog, cheese, up, out, shoes, truck, car, woof, duck, light, hot, tick, cracker (sounds like ca ca), cup, mama, and dada. Link tries to do the hand motions to songs, but doesn't quite have it. His favorite is the itsy-bitsy spider. I laugh so hard when we play the run away game. When someone chases him, he screams and runs away. One other new thing...we have sign language flashcards with pictures on one side and the sign on the other. When we lay out the cards on the floor and ask, "Where is the [duck, cheese, shoe, cracker, etc.]?" he can pick it out.

There was a IPA power weight-lifting competition at the Y this weekend, so I worked a ton. Even though the lifters were entertaining, I missed my little stinker. One lifter weighed 355 pounds and bench pressed 805 pounds...nutz! Speaking of lifting, Dave and I are going to try P90X workout videos to get in better shape. Dave bought a pull-up bar, and I bought some advil, so we are ready to go. Hopefully in 90 days, I'll be posting pictures of our bulging muscles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad for you that you get to sleep through the night now! Go Lincoln!

    ReplyDelete