Friday, October 9, 2009

Poop!

Yep, I said it, "Poop." That word just totally describes my day yesterday. It started off non-poopy: Lincoln and I had a great time at the park with our playgroup. The poopiness began when Lincoln didn't take a morning nap. He did take a 1.5 hour nap, so I was expecting a happy baby. He was not a happy baby, he was a poopy baby...figuratively and literaly. Lincoln pooped so many times yesterday, I honestly lost count after number 5. I have been using cloth diapers to save money, and it is easy to clean them when you can just flush the poo down the toilet. Lincoln's poop yesterday was not the easy-to-clean-up kind: it was the kind you have to put in the toilet and rinse out: I had my hands in lots of poop yesterday.

Because Mr. Poopy only took 1 nap, his mood was poopy. As the poops kept cranking out, his attitude became increasingly poopy. (I guess I would be a little cranky too, if I had to use the bathroom that much. Yesterday was also my cleaning day, which includes cleaning toilets. At the end of the day, I just felt at home with my hands submerged in toilet water.

I had to vent to Dave last night, but I thought what a lovely thing the next day would be, you know a fresh start, good attitude, etc. I even woke up early to exercise and get a shower before Lincoln woke up. When he did wake up, I went into his room to find a happy baby. Woohoo, a happy baby, not Mr. Poopy anymore. Upon closer sniffing, I noticed that my happy baby had a poopy diaper and even better it had exploded (he wears the extra absorbent Pampers at night). His diaper was so full it came apart at the top, and pieces of the diaper were all over the sheets, crib, blanket, stuffed animals, floor, and Lincoln. So, we started the day with a bath.

I know this is not a pretty blog post, but they all can't be pretty and pleasant. At least I didn't include any pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Must have been something in the air! I assure you, my day was equally "poopy!" Between the craziness at work and our spur of the moment trip, only to found out Barry doesn't have a valid passport and now has to fly to Denver to get one...yeah, poopy pretty much sums it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloth diapers huh? I admire your determination. I think after poop two I would've given up for the day and used disposables.

    ReplyDelete