Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here We Go

After much procrastination, I finally started our family blog. I figure now I won't feel as guilty when I hear sunday school lessons about journaling and family history. Here are a couple updates about what is going on in the Shinsel fam...

Robbery: We met with our fabulous detective a couple weeks ago. Dave had to watch pawn shop tapes of our neighbor pawning his music equipment and other items. "Sam" (name has been changed to protect the not-innocent) got arrested in August for driving without a license. He was questioned by our detective and was caught in a couple lies. We are waiting for the D.A. to issue a search warrant for "Sam's" apartment.

Lincoln: He is a crazy tornado of energy. He started to walk at 11 months and is now close to running. His face is constantly bruised or scratched from falling down and running into things. I expect Child Protective Services to come visit us any day.

Dave: I have already begun the countdown until Dave is done with school (8.5 months til May). We were excited that he got NC residency this semester and got back his assistantship, teaching a freshman psych lab.

Julie: This is really wierd writing about myself...not sure anyone else cares, but I started back to work with my old job at the YMCA. I will only be working the days Dave doesn't have class. There are some fun projects I'll be helping with, like our annual roadraces and a senior citizens prom!

My blog looks so empty. Please give me ideas how to make it look better!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Julie! You are so much better than me...I created a blog, but i have yet to write anything on it...haha! So, way to go Jules! Well everything sounds like its going well at the Shinsel house, I can't wait to see you guys!
    The only advice i can give you to spruce up your blog is to add some more super cute pics of you guys and little Lincoln (I love looking at pictures). See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great. I mean you only have to read it right? Mine is pretty basic so no help in that department! Sounds like life is good. What's Dave's plans after he's done? 8 1/2 months isn't very long.... Lincoln is a doll and I love seeing new pictures of him. He is so big. Glad you are now a blogger :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you have a blog now! It looks great! You'll come up with fun things you'll like to add the more you play with the options.

    ReplyDelete