Monday, October 23, 2017

Teacher workdays

Hooray for teacher workdays! The kids and I headed up to Blowing Rock for the day. The drive was beautiful with all the changing leaves.

Our first stop was Mystery Hill, a fun kid’s museum.














After picking out caramel apples at one of my favorite candy stops, we had a picnic lunch at the downtown park in Blowing Rock.











Unfortunately I forgot the kid’s jackets. They were shivering while we were eating. I really wanted to go on a hike, but decided to just come back another time. We blasted the heat in the car and they got to enjoy their apples. It was a fun day, despite the change in plans.

That evening our dear friends, the Sherrills came over for dinner and pumpkin carving. I think this is the 4th year we have done this together. Every year, Dave and Jeremy grump about having to carve the pumpkins!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment