Friday, April 10, 2015

Spring Break

Before spring break, mom and I co-hosted a baby shower for our dear friend Rachel. She and Dave are adopting a little boy from Korea, so we had a travel theme and ate Korean food for lunch. 




I have been back on a regular exercise schedule again, and it feels great! Sometimes the boys workout with me. I just wish the instructors weren't so corny and didn't use the word, "sexy" so much. I can just hear Drake telling his Sunday school teacher that he has sexy arms!


A few days before Spring break, The kindergarteners had an Easter egg hunt at school. Drake, Dorothy and I went to the school to eat lunch with him that day. 



The day after the egg hunt, they got to go on a field trip to a science museum. Dave took off the morning, so he could take Lincoln. I hope 1st grade is going to be just as much fun as kindergarten!

Dorothy is climbing everywhere and opening as many cabinets as she can. This was a view of my kitchen floor aka my obstacle course.


The kids and I were outside washing the car. I had Dorothy in the sand box, and she was happy to watch us and play. I would look up frequently to make sure she was ok, but I was mostly focused that the boys wouldn't spray the entire garage with the hose. One minute I looked at the sand box, and she wasn't there...she had climbed to the top of the playground clubhouse. I sprinted over to her, and she was grinning from ear to ear, so proud of what she had accomplished.


Mom and I were feeling adventurous on Good Friday, so we took the kids to Freedom Park in downtown Charlotte. We will definitely be visiting there again! 

Lincoln's favorite part of the park was the Panther's training course.



Drakie loved the huge climbing wall and the tic tac to board.




I have enjoyed going to parks and having play dates this week. It will be hard to get back to a normal routine in a few days.



This one is such a joy to have around. She loves being around the big kids and is happy to do whatever they are doing.


Drake has had some better days. I adore it when he tells me he loves me! He smothers me kisses at bedtime and still loves his bear bear.


Lincoln has become a real ladies man at school. He has been making pictures for Lucy. One day he told me Jillian asked him why he didn't draw her pictures. His exact words were, "In my head I was thinking, because I like Lucy and Lucy likes me. But I didn't say that to her." We had the " you can have lots of friends that are girls" conversation after that. I'm not sure how much of it sunk in, because a few days later he drew another picture for Lucy and I heard him saying, "Oh, Jillian is going to be so jealous." 

1 comment:

  1. I realize commenting on blogs isn't the "in" thing anymore, I'm going to do it anyway! First of all, my kitchen looks like that every day. I pick it up, Cole pulls it out and the cycle repeats All. Day. Long. It's so worth it to get something done with both hands though! Lincoln and the ladies, oh man, I'm dying! Can't wait to see those kiddos!

    ReplyDelete