Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles Oh My!

The only thing that was good about coming home from Oregon, was that Dave was waiting for us. There were lots of tears leaving Grandma and Papa's house, waiting in the security line at Boise airport, and during the plane ride home. We had the BEST trip!!

Dave was able to spend a week with us. We started off the week with a mini-Shinsel/Huntsman/Wright reunion at the water park in Boise. Andy's family in Alaska were so missed! Reed and Chelsea were able to make it to the park. We hadn't seen these cuties since their wedding, so I wasn't sure if Lincoln would feel comfortable with them. As soon as he saw them at the park, he flew into their arms. It was so cute! I can still make myself cry if I think about it!







Of course, Lincoln LOVED playing with all his cousins. Like most little boys, he thinks big kids are the coolest. He also had fun playing/taking toys from/teasing his younger cousins Kaylee and Mya too!

Barry's family also stayed at the Shinsel's house. It was great for Lincoln and Drake to have a friend the minute they woke up. It was also great for me: I got to have a friend too! Amy and I went to some garage sales, played with the kids, and just got to hang out.

We spent lots of time outside at Grandma and Papa's house. Drake didn't really like the hot tub, but Lincoln and Mya did! Drake preferred to scare the heck out of me by climbing up the tree fort and walking towards the open edges. He also had fun going down the slide and swinging.






Some of the Huntsmans met us at Riverside park. I love this picture of Kaylee and Lincoln: it emits pure joy!






We also learned some news that we will be gaining a new niece the beginning of October. Emilee Jiao is a beautiful 4 1/2 year old from China. We can't wait to meet her at Christmas!

Lincoln and Papa made some fun memories together: they built a boat. It doesn't look like much from the picture, but it means so much to Lincoln, plus it floats!



I really am so lucky to have such a wonderful family on Dave's side. Actually, I don't even feel like it's Dave's family, they are definitely mine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment