Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Alter Ego

I have blogged before about "Lincoln Punch" but now it is a full alter ego. Lincoln snatches the kid knives from our silverware drawer, swings them around, and becomes "Lincoln Punch." Today I couldn't find something so he told me, "Don't worry, Lincoln Punch combined with the power of Star Wars [he has NEVER watched the movie, so how does he know about it?] will find it." Later today he told me I could be "Lincoln Mommy Punch." How thoughtful!

Lincoln Punch has become a huge fan of soccer. He loved his first day of practice and didn't want it to be over. Dave and he kicked the ball around some more when we got home. I seriously would fear for his opponents if "Lincoln Punch" showed up for a game though!





This very active boy can be very sweet. Every night I tell him I love him more than all the stars in the sky and all the sand at the beach. I end with telling him "...and that's a lot." I have asked him before how much he loved me, and he would always say, "3." 

When we were in NJ, he finally understood what I was asking him. After waking up really early and wanting me to get out of the bed to get him milk, he told me "I love you more than all the tall buildings when we are on an airplane [we had just flown over NY city] and all the water at the beach, and that's a lot." After wiping the tears from my eyes, I quickly got him the milk he wanted. Worked like a charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment