Thursday, January 26, 2012

What to Do







Lincoln started preschool earlier this month, and he has brought every single germ home to share with the family. He has had a double ear infection, nasty fever, cold, and now this awful cough. My dad, Dave, and Drake have all picked these germs up too. Thankfully, I have stayed healthy through it all!


Although Lincoln sounds awful, he feels ok. This makes it tricky to entertain him. It is beautiful outside, but he starts coughing as soon as he starts running around. I don't want to take the kids anywhere, so they don't spread anything.

Good thing pinterest, magazines and creative people exist: I have found some fun things for Lincoln to do. We have made homemade bouncy balls, a mini-indoor sandbox, a superhero cape, bath paints and finger puppets.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking for entertainment here as well....could you send me your link for bath paints please?! :) This would be much easier if we could coordinate our activities together. I still pray that you'll move here. I hope everyone feels better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jen, I too would like you to move here. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and join pinterest so I can find fun things to do with Mya. I would take him right out of pre school if it were me, but I'm probably not the best one to ask because I'm seriously considering not letting Mya start in nursery until after cold/flu season. :) I promise I'm not THAT over protective or even a germaphobe, but sick kids are no fun for anyone! There will still be preschool in the spring, you could always go back then and just enjoy good health and all the fun activities at home as a family between now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry the bugs have been hanging on. I bet you can find lots of fun things to do with Lincoln and keep everyone well. I am sure that good weather, especially in NC, is coming soon. I think our winter may hang on again until almost summer.
    There must be good things headed your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, an apron and superhero cape in one. Sounds like you have lots of fun projects to keep little man busy!!

    ReplyDelete