Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Fun and My Crazy 3 Year Old

There are always so many fun activities to do during Fall. This year we have already been to a Fall Festival, where Lincoln got to go on a hayride, jump on a trampoline, and play outside with tons of kids; we have talked about monsters and pumpkins at preschool; we went to a corn maze; and we still have to go to a pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins for carving and we still have Halloween to look forward to. Mom bought us a groupon for the corn maze, which included some other activities. Here is Lincoln riding "Susie Q." Dave took this picture, he was riding on "Bessie." I'm bummed I didn't have the camera to take a picture of both of them.





I know most people think their kids are funny, but at night, Dave and I will recap all the different things Lincoln says and laugh! He is so entertaining. Here are some recent ones...




Dave asked Lincoln if he wanted another little brother (this is not a hint at anything, I'm not pregnant, and will not be for a while...probably). Of course, Lincoln said yes. When Dave asked him what the baby's name should be, Lincoln decided on "Fooie Baby."



We go to church for 3 hours on Sunday. Kids Lincoln's age attend nursery for 2 of those hours. After church we had a "family night" where we were talking about different stories from the Bible. He did something naughty and went to his room for a time out. All of the church talk paid off: when Dave went in to talk to him, Lincoln immediately said, "I'm sorry, cause Jesus love me and I love him. Daddy is special Jesus. Are you?" I think he knew that if he threw the J word around, he wouldn't get in trouble.



Lincoln waves nd says hello to everyone while we are out. Lately, when we see someone the pattern goes: first a wave, then a "Haaay", then a "What is that his name." It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy.


My mom gave Lincoln a catalog of toys to look at in the car. Now all Lincoln talks about is this Santa train. We told him we didn't have money, and that he needed to ask Santa. Lincoln's reply was, "Buuuut Mooom, I've got monies in my pocket."



He doesn't quite get the meaning of some words. He will randomly say "I promise" or "Is that cool" or "A lot."



I have to include this next one, because it really made me laugh! Please don't continue reading, if you are offended by private parts talk.



On Friday morning, I was doing dishes, while Lincoln was eating breakfast at the table. He said, "Mom, I love my business." (Business is our word for the male private part.) I asked him what he said, and again he repeated it. I walked towards the table so I could see him and asked, "Why." He said, "Because I can do this...bingadingadong (he was playing his business like a guitar)."


Every night, I say special prayers for that child! Drake is my sensitive, sweet boy. He is growing so fast. At his last Dr's appointment he weighed over 16 pounds and was 26 inches long. He loves to eat rice cereal with pears or apple, so he is going to get even chubbier. I start to tear up when I think about how lucky I am to have him! He really is just the sweetest baby.

2 comments:

  1. You just have to love those boys! You never know what they will say! Lincoln is such a funny kid, and smart too. Sounds like Lincoln is one of the luckiest guys around, all the fun things he gets to do. I want to come.
    It's fun for us to watch through pictures. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too laughed out loud at why Lincoln loves his business! :) I can't believe Drake is alreadyeating solid food. What a big boy! And 26 inches?! He and Mya may be the same height!

    ReplyDelete