Friday, August 19, 2011

Out of the Fog



Drake has been treating me well these past couple weeks. He is learning to sleep for longer stretches at night, so I feel like I am coming out of a fog.

Drake is now 2 months old. He is in the 95% for weight, 23rd head size, 55% for height, and 100% cute! The medicine he is on is helping so much: I have a happy, easy baby now! He loves Lincoln's old light and sound sunshine activity mat; he loves to look at the curtains in our bedroom when the sun is coming in, and he loves to look at his big brother. He is cooing more, especially in the morning, when we also get lots of good smiles.

Lincoln is fantastic with Drake. I wish he was as good with me as he is with Drake. We have been dealing with a lack of listening skills lately. Time outs haven't worked for us, so now we are trying a different method. He will be earning prizes for good behavior. He gets 3 warnings during the day. If he doesn't go through all his warnings, then he gets a sticker at night. If he gets 5 stickers, then he gets something he wants. Right now, he is working for a Gordon (thomas tank engine toy). He didn't get a sticker one day, so the next he was pretty much perfect! I am hoping that this will help.

My only hesitation is that I don't want Lincoln to think he gets a toy for being good, I want him to be good just to be good (does that make sense). Plus, this kid is not lacking in toys. He has the coolest room. Notice how he wanted to be in all the pictures!



This is Lincoln's first painting.


Yep, he has a slide on his bed.


Just more toys...



Even more toys stored under the bed



2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Drake is doing well. He is such a handsome baby. It looks like he he trying to roll over. I can't stand how much he has changed! Just one more month and we get to see him again!
    Lincoln is and will be a great brother for Drake. We miss him alot too! They are both very handsome guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how much the boys have changed! I'm SO SO SO excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete