Monday, August 8, 2011

Come Play Trains with Me

I can't tell you how many times I hear that..."Mommy, come play trains with me." I really wish I could do that every time he asks; however, there is a house to run and another child to take care of. That is why Lincoln was so excited to have Corey come and visit. Dave has known Corey for a long time, but I'm pretty sure Lincoln thought Corey came out just to play with him. Lincoln constantly asked Corey to play trains with him. When Corey had to work, he had a secret weapon for Lincoln, the ipad.

Lincoln could/did spend hours watching youtube videos of Thomas. His favorite was "accidents happen." Corey probably has all the words memorized now from listening to it so much. There is one part of the song where Lincoln sings, "Chickenbooga" and we cannot figure out what he is trying to say. When we ask him what that means he says, "the trains have an accident."




I feel like I will be able to play trains more often, because Drake is sleeping more. My head is coming out of a constant foggy state. Because Drake was still having tummy issues, the dr prescribed him some reflux medicine. I hate to have my child on a prescription, but I really think it is helping. We haven't had any painful crying bouts in a couple days, and he is sleeping longer at night.

2 comments:

  1. Yes Corey! So glad little Drake is doing better. A happy, sleeping baby make for happy moms too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was my pleasure. and thanks for getting the song stuck in my head again.

    ReplyDelete