Friday, April 8, 2011

Weekends

Like most people, I love weekends! We have been able to visit my parents most every weekend, which is fun for everyone: Lincoln gets to play with my mom and dad; Dave and I get some relaxing time and even some dates; and mom and dad get to spend time with Lincoln. I feel very lucky Dave has a great relationship with my parents. Anyway, we just aren't sure how long we will be living where we are...it might be a lot longer, it might not be, so my parents have been taking advantage of the past couple weekends. Dad has taken Lincoln to the airport museum for the past 3 Saturdays. He is so spoiled to get to see cool airplanes up close! Speaking of spoiled...he scored a bike and helmet from a garage sale last weekend. He can ride it pretty well, as you can see from the picture, he got away from me pretty quickly. We do make him wear a helmet, but this is what he thinks of it. Mom and dad took him to an Easter egg hunt and to a park on Saturday, while Dave and I ran errands together. It is so nice not to worry about chasing after him while getting stuff done and knowing that he is having fun. Everyone ventured to the park on Sunday: it was a beautiful afternoon. Today mom called me during the afternoon to tell me she arranged a date for Dave and me on Saturday. No wonder I love weekends!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Lincoln did score. That looks like a great bike.
    Have a good date, you both deserve it. Your mom is awesome for doing that for you.
    Lincoln is lucky to have his grandpa take him to see airplanes.
    This is when it is hard to be so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I hope you're feeling well. You look fantastic! Love the bump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the helmet picture. Mya does that same look! It's the "you're kidding about this, right?" look. Classic. Glad you can have such fun weekends. You look amazing by the way and I can't wait for your little one to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all I have to say you look great. Second yay for great parents who hang out with you on weekends and set up dates for you :-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that first picture is awesome

    ReplyDelete