Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Black Eye and a Concrete Truck

Its always jarring when the school name pops up on caller I.D. I would know because it happens so frequently. Most of the time a kid has forgotten their lunch or chapstick or library book. It’s the calls that start with “This is not an emergency, but...” that are my favorite.

Drake was getting really into a game at PE, and ran into the wall with his eye. I was actually on my way to the school to volunteer when I got the call, so I was able to get to him quickly.

It was pretty swollen when I got to him, so we iced it and I gave him so ibuprofen. I also stayed at the school and had lunch with the daredevil.





The pretty purple colors didn’t show up until the next day.











The good news is that the same week, we had a visit from the concrete truck. We are one step closer to having a garage for Dave!








Also, this cute lunch date happened. I was helping out a friend, so I picked up 2 preschool friends and we had lunch. Dorothy and L are good buds, who both go to Speech, and sometimes together. He is a sweet sweet boy, and I’m crossing my fingers they will continue to be in each other’s class through the years!






Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment