Monday, October 10, 2016

8 is Great!

Lincoln is a deep thinker. He will ask me church-related questions that I am amazed he thought about. It was no surprise when he said he wanted to be baptized when he turned 8. I'm so proud he followed he example of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and so love his Christ-like attributes. Man, did he look handsome in his suit!




Old Primary teachers, new primary teachers, friends from church and family gathered on Oct. 1st. Lincoln asked Eric Halston to speak on baptism and Dave to speak on the Holy Ghost. He listened closely, nodding his cute head. After the baptism, the family went out to eat at his favorite Mexican restaurant. He was so excited, he told the waiter, "I just got baptized!" I don't know if there was a language barrier or what, but there was an awkward silence, until I said, "He just got baptized at our church."




I don't know where the picture of grandma and papa with Lincoln is...I'll have to dig it up. They gave him his own set of scriptures, which he thought was super awesome!

The first Wednesday after he turned 8, Link got to start Cub Scouts. He loved it! There are 8 other Wolves in his den, so it's a good size group. They did a skit for the parents the first night.


The first day back to the gym from our trip, Lincoln came home with a gray belt. This is really exciting, because he just barely got his 4th stripe. I wish I could have been there to see his face!


No comments:

Post a Comment