Monday, January 20, 2014

Dorothy Elizabeth

On Thursday, a dear friend helped me clean my house, Grandma Shinsel flew into town, and the hospital bags were packed. We were all ready for the next day. I was too excited to meet baby girl, plus super uncomfortable, so I really didn't sleep that night.

Dave and I drove to Presbyterian hospital in downtown Charlotte through the rain, very very early in the morning. All the pre-op stuff takes a few hours, and I was just so anxious to get going. At 8:04 a.m., I heard cries. The sound made me so teary! As soon as the dr showed her to us, we could tell she looked like Lincoln, only with lots of dark hair. She was so vocal as they cleaned her up, but as soon as they handed all 7 lbs, 1 oz and 20 inches to me, she quieted down.



We had some good snuggle time while waiting for the boys to come visit. Around lunch time, the big brothers got to meet her. I had been so worried about Drake, but he was game to hold her. He was amazed when she grabbed his finger.





Lincoln was very anxious to hold his baby sister.



We stayed at the hospital for a few days, and left for home on Sunday. The boys were thrilled for us to be home. It cracks me up to hear them baby talk to her. Lincoln said, "Welcome to North Carolina, Dorothy. Do you like it here?" Drake just gets right in her face and says, "Oh, hello Dorphy!" then he mumbles some other baby talk I don't understand. I hope she will always be this exciting to them!

Dorothy is more sleepy during the day, than she is at night right now. She is so sweet when she is awake, and is already giving us smiles. I am beyond thankful for a healthy, beautiful little girl!!





2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful! What a wonderful blessing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little girl! We are so thrilled for your family and ours. It will be so fun to watch her grow up.

    ReplyDelete